BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Master_GDL Files Corrupted by Library Converter

Anonymous
Not applicable
When I run the library converter, Master_GDL files and MasterEnd_GDL files get extra text added at the start of the file. This causes an error at run-time. Has anyone else experienced this issue, and if so how can I avoid the problem? The files are already UTF8 but the extra code has been put in front of the BOM.
2 REPLIES 2
ztaskai
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Andrew,

I'm going to add an entry to our bug database about it and we'll investigate the issue soon. Interestingly, we don't experience this problem in our compilations though we have a Master_GDL file - puzzler. Thank you for the report.

Off-topic p.s.: I just leafed through your new book and I like it very much. I'm planning to read it thoroughly - it seems to be very useful!

Regards,
Zsolt
Zsolt Táskai
ArchiCAD Development - GDL Team
AC13, AC14 and upwards...
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
ztaskai wrote:
Interestingly, we don't experience this problem in our compilations though we have a Master_GDL file - puzzler. Thank you for the report.
I have also seen the same in the past, and not just for a master GDL file. I don't see this happening in any current projects, but if I get a moment I'll dig up some old files and see if I can remember why it happened in the past.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Learn and get certified!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!