BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Measuring "Distances" from project zero

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

I have done something with my archicad, so everytime i use the measure tool, it measures from project zero instead of realitive coordinates. Where can I set this back.?
8 REPLIES 8
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
mallehk:

Look at Work Environment > User Preference Schemes > Tracker and Coordinate Input > Show X-Y Coordinates relative to User Origin in Tracker.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm having a blonde moment.

Previously if I wanted to draw, say, a rectangular slab / polyline / fill / anything, I would select my start point, type X 1000 Y 1000 and hit enter, and I would have a 1m x 1m shape. Now it is going to 1000x1000 from Project Origin. I have "Show X-Y Coordinates relative to User Origin in Tracker" checked in WE, and have both delta buttons checked ON in co-ordinates palette. I can't find the setting to change this 'cos it's been so long since I've had to.

If I select an element, drag, start point, X 1000 Y 1000 enter, it works correctly and moves it relative to the start point, not project origin.

Embarrassing after 2300 posts to be asking such a basic question, but can someone please point me in the right direction.
NCornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
s2art,

Are you actually typing the 'x' and 'y' in front of 'x 1000' and 'y1000'? This activates the absolute coordinates. Just type '1000' TAB '1000'.
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah that works. Just an old habit that I am having trouble dropping.

Thanks Nicholas
NCornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
s2art,

Glad to help. I know right what you mean. Plus if those are all your kids in that pic, then you have an even better excuse. I have two and that is enough for my attention to handle.

BTW - I have appreciated your posts since coming here about a year ago.

Cheers!
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Anonymous
Not applicable
Cheers, Nicholas. I seem to ask as many questions as I manage to answer.

3 kids and wife in the middle. The kids are all a lot bigger than that now (5 year old photo). Certainly a handful.

And you never stop learning with Archicad!
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I reckon you're both having blonde moments!

Tabbing or entering X or Y has got nothing to do with it.
s2art wrote:
I have "Show X-Y Coordinates relative to User Origin in Tracker" checked in WE
There's your problem mate. Relative coordinates are always relative to the edit origin, unless you choose to override that by setting them to your user origin!

Happens to the best of us!

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
D'oh. Facepalm. Thanks Link.
Learn and get certified!