Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Merge 2d fills with other 3d elements in section

Wlad222
Contributor

Hello, is it possible to merge 2d fills with other 3d elements. I'm using the same hatch, surface etc. More info on the image...

sectionsection

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
DGSketcher
Legend

@Wlad222 There is another option... if your hatch origins remain the same, then simply draw an overlapping 2D fill without a boundary edge line and then add a polyline to make up the missing part of the cut outline. It isn’t ideal in a 3D modelling environment but it may be sufficient for the task.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Eduardo Rolon

Nope.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

DGSketcher
Legend

@Wlad222 As Eduardo has indicated it can't be done with a 2D fill. But for a section (?) you could consider drawing another 3D element e.g. a slab or Morph, using the same building material as the wall. Make sure they meet and they should clean up as required. 

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Karl Ottenstein

@Wlad222 I would back up one step and ask why you want the 2D fill to display with the same as the wall fill and to omit the joint line?  (It can be done using the ancient 'patch' tool - which is an editable 2D fill - but that should be a last resort.)

Is this a plan view or a section/elevation view?  I.e., does the fill represent a bump/adjacent column for the wall (plan) - or a horizontal bumpout / beam?

In general, 2D fills like this - that apparently represent model elements - are more or less a guarantee that your model is wrong and you'll have errors/omissions at some time in your design/build process.  Explain your broader goal and you'll get more valuable answers 🙂

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Solution
DGSketcher
Legend

@Wlad222 There is another option... if your hatch origins remain the same, then simply draw an overlapping 2D fill without a boundary edge line and then add a polyline to make up the missing part of the cut outline. It isn’t ideal in a 3D modelling environment but it may be sufficient for the task.

@Wlad222 In addition to what @DGSketcher & @Karl Ottenstein said, you can copy this view by marquee tool then explode it and deactivate suspended groups then delete the line you don’t need, i hope it helps.

AC 27 INT 5003 - AC 26 INT 6019 ( For MEP Purposes )
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB

Yes. Of course you can.    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbJR8pxDkrc  

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

I assume your fill has a solid white background with no perimeter lines?

Actually it would need a white perimeter pen with a width the same as the wall cut line to hide the wall line.

It is then brought forward to hide the wall side line.

And then you have added separate lines top and bottom of the fill?

If not, can you please explain how you did it?

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

😀   nothing gets past Barry.   He can tell by looking that there must be a little cheating of some kind with this.  

Draw two walls that intersect with each other.  Make the one that will be the fill as wide as you need it to be.    Explode it, and "Bob's your Uncle"   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4vE8Oa8iwc     Also, it is possible to align the fill with the wall hatch/fill if you activate the Custom Distortion feature of the fill.  

2021-10-14_22-13-02.jpg

I don't know why someone might want to do this, but it is certainly easy to do. 

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25