Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Merge Meshes in 2022

Hi, is it possible to merge meshes in Archicad ? or is still problem continuing ? 😄 

I made a model of land and I did extension after. I would like to merge two meshes.

If isn't possible can i get rid of border lines between two meshes at least and keeping curves lines visible?

Skärmavbild 2022-01-17 kl. 15.56.06.jpgSkärmavbild 2022-01-17 kl. 15.56.12.jpg

AC 7 - 27 SWE

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020),

3,6 GHz 10-Core intel Core i9, 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB
5 REPLIES 5

Hello Vojtech Slavik,

Do you select your first mesh, click on a peripheral segment, choose the "+" option and finally press the space bar before clicking on the other mesh ?

This method will not merge meshes but will nevertheless make it possible to recover the influence of the second mesh. Otherwise I can advise you to hide the outline of the two meshes and then to redraw in 2D the global outline of the two meshes to create the illusion of a single mesh.

Or you can create a Patch to draw over this line. I agree with you it is not a great solution but you are able to get your aim by this way.

Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin

Thanks Shristophe, this solution make just flat terrain.

It's mean that skip all the curves with highs information.

Any other ideas ?

AC 7 - 27 SWE

3,6 GHz 10-Core intel Core i9, 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB

Or course my first solution means that skip all the curves with highs information.

Did you consider my second proposition ?

Christophe - FRANCE

"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin

I didn't get it second solution. Did you mean like hidening lines by using fills and put above it ?

If is this all possibilities how to reach that how you said both solution is not elegant 😕 

AC 7 - 27 SWE

Hidening lines with a patch yes. The line is the problem, hide it !

It's a elegant but not a great professional solution 😉

Christophe - FRANCE