BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Merging files

Anonymous
Not applicable
At the firm I work at we exclusively work in solo projects in Archicad. This has never been a problem and just one person works on a project at once. However, we recently had a project with a fast approaching deadline and just one person couldn't complete all the work by themselves. This resulted in another person making a copy of the initial file and both files (a and b) being worked on independently. File A had changes made to the exterior and schedules while file B had changes made to the kitchen, bathroom, and interior elevations. Now that the work is done we are trying to get back to just having one file but don't know how to combine them so that all the changes remain. We tried merging the files, but that just resulted in two of everything and the old and new overlapping. How do we combine the two files to one?
2 REPLIES 2
Gerald Hoffman
Booster
How I would try to do this is to first make copies of both files. Then I would use the file that you had done the exterior changes and schedules in as your base file. In the base file delete all of the elements that had changes done in the interior elevations that you want to bring over. Select all those changed elements in the second file and paste into the base file.

You will probably have to regenerate the interior elevations and add back in dimensions that were deleted in the base file.

If on the other hand you don't have time for that and need to get the project out the door you can bring in views from one of the files into layouts in the base file to do your publishing and when you have more time do the merging of the model info.

Cheers,
Gerald
"The simplification of anything is always sensational" GKC
AC 25-4013 USA, CadImage Tools
2019 MacBook Pro 16" w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU
OS X 11.6
2.4 Ghz 8 core i9, 64 GB RAM
27" LG 5K Monitor
if you have hotlinks, make sure that Suspend Groups is not turned on.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Learn and get certified!