Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Mesh and solid element operations upward extrusions not working properly

raoultittel
Participant
Having an issue when subtracting with upward extrusion on meshes. The lines at the intersection of the mesh and slab dissapear.

The mesh is weak, i.e. priority 16 and the slab is strong priority 800 and yet the bottom of the slab melds with the mesh.

Please help.
Archicad 24 PC Windows 10 Pro

x64 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 3696 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s) 32gb RAM Nvidia Quadro P1000
2 REPLIES 2
LucaP
Enthusiast
I think you should investigate this topic:
https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=70026

Especially what Minh had explained about dissapearing lines
mnguyen wrote:
Hi Chris,

It turned out that this is a limitation with how we present lines of adjacent element in sections. We keep only the thicker or continuous line when 2 lines are above each other in section. Due to graphic override, the line of the thicker element (which is the wall in this case) is delete. Show skin separator would make the line visible again, but so do all the skin lines, which is not favorable here.

Because of this, I suggest a work around for this situation:
- Set the cut line of the wall in the Wall selection settings with a pen thinner than the Mesh's cut line pen
- Use Graphic override and make sure that the Wall's line pen is overridden with a thick pen

Although this will make the mesh cut line thicker, this will ensure that the separator line is not deleted by GO rule.

I hope this will help you with the issue. Should you have any further questions, feel free to ask me again!

Best regards,
Minh
Łukasz Pietraszko
ArchiCAD 26 PL, since AC20 | WIN 10 Home
Intel Core i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB | 500 GB SSD
raoultittel
Participant
Hi Lucas,

Thank you so much for that, it was driving me nuts!

Cheers,

Raoul
Archicad 24 PC Windows 10 Pro

x64 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 3696 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s) 32gb RAM Nvidia Quadro P1000