Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Mesh visibility

Hi, is there some tips how to get know that mesh will be or not visible in 3D ?

For example when I'm bendig too much I can't see mesh and if I I reduce bending it's gonna show in 3D.
Also this happen when I have some holes in mesh.

Do you know whats the right doing it to avoid it

Thanks 🙂
AC 7 - 27 SWE

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020),

3,6 GHz 10-Core intel Core i9, 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Vojtech Slavik:

What is probably happening is that the straight edge is crossing the arc near the nodes at the top and bottom of your shape. This creates a self-intersecting polygon that is impossible physically, so cannot be shown in 3D. Sometimes this can be seen by zooming in very close at the node.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Vojtech,

It may be some kind of bug related to micro gaps between coincident arcs.
I can see that there is a node in the middle of an Arc on the bottom one.
Check it the Arcs are really coincident (Curve and Nodes).
Hope this helps.
Solution
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Vojtech Slavik:

What is probably happening is that the straight edge is crossing the arc near the nodes at the top and bottom of your shape. This creates a self-intersecting polygon that is impossible physically, so cannot be shown in 3D. Sometimes this can be seen by zooming in very close at the node.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
I don't think there is micro gap, there is must be some limit how thin can be mash or something.
This is example but if I have more complicated ground sometimes is very hard to find which "corner" is doing this problem

Braza wrote:
Hi Vojtech,

It may be some kind of bug related to micro gaps between coincident arcs.
I can see that there is a node in the middle of an Arc on the bottom one.
Check it the Arcs are really coincident (Curve and Nodes).
Hope this helps.
AC 7 - 27 SWE

3,6 GHz 10-Core intel Core i9, 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB
It's definitely this but is there some way how to avoid it... because this information is not visible in 2D
David wrote:
Vojtech Slavik:

David
AC 7 - 27 SWE

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes. David is correct.
It looks like a, lets say, limitation for the Mesh geometry. As I tested with Slabs and it works fine.
If using a Slab is not an option, as a workaround: Create node in the arc segment, right next to the point of inflection. Then convert the tiny arc segment to a straight one. This would do the trick.
Another solution, is to create a single pavement Mesh that covers also the lawn. Then do a SEO operation to cut the lawn from the pavement.
Hope this helps.
Ok, I understand.

Thanks
AC 7 - 27 SWE

Lingwisyer
Guru
I usually end up chamfering the points of meshes that are like that. It prevents any degen issues and is purely cosmetic, in my case anyway.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660