BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Mesh wand not creating contours from polylines

Hello,

I'm new to the forum and though I've searched for some time have not found the answer. I am trying to create a topography with the mesh tool. I have all my pline work completed for the contours. I created the mesh, selected the mesh, activated the mesh tool, then held space bar and selected the plines with the magic wand tool but nothing is created. I checked my magic wand setting and it is set correctly from what I could tell with from reading other blogs on here, but i can't get the contours to be created on the mesh. Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Thank you Aimad. I think I figured it out. I was doing as you said but still had the issue.

When I went to 3D view I didn't see any mesh though the grid expanded to the size of the site. I went back to floor plan, deleted the original mesh and created a new one. It now shows up in 3D view and I was able to create the contours. I must have done something to delete the surface or something, not sure. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Aimad Eddine
Contributor

Hello, 

If you don't select the mesh tool and just pick up the parameters it will create other meshes.

The (original) mesh must be selected (through the entire operation), you pick up the parameter then use the magic wand. 

Retry this and make sure the mesh is still selected.

Waiting to see if it works for you.

Aimad Eddine BOUZIANE
Architect
BIM enthusiast

Setup: Dell G5 15, i7 10750H, 16GB ram, RTX 2070 Max Q, Windows 10
Solution

Thank you Aimad. I think I figured it out. I was doing as you said but still had the issue.

When I went to 3D view I didn't see any mesh though the grid expanded to the size of the site. I went back to floor plan, deleted the original mesh and created a new one. It now shows up in 3D view and I was able to create the contours. I must have done something to delete the surface or something, not sure. 

Learn and get certified!