BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Migration Pane for AC15 Objects

vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Can someone explain how this works? Tried to search for info in the GDL Reference, but could not find it .

So I'm talking about the MIGRATION pane up top, near PARAMETERS... not the BACKWARD and FORWARD Migration scripts..
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
4 REPLIES 4
ztaskai
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

I'm sorry, I couldn't find the time to assemble and publish a 101 document about the new migration feature. It will be a new section in the GDL Technical Standards document - as soon as I can finish it.

This "migration" list has to contain the ID of all previous library parts which are substituted by the new one being edited. This is needed, because ArchiCAD has to make a big amount of migration decisions in the PLN migration. This is a preselection filter: the list of elements for which's migration the new element signs up for. Later in the process, ArchiCAD tries to run the migration for each placed instance with each signed up object. Then it settles with the correct replacement (migration may depend on the instance parameters).

I hope you can start with this tiny info. The full doc will come soon. Sorry again for the delay.

Best regards,
Zsolt Táskai
ArchiCAD Development - GDL Team
AC13, AC14 and upwards...
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Great... I kinda figured that was the intent...

Here's a couple of questions while you're finishing...

1. My Library "analysis" upon opening a library shows some DUPLICATES where I've saved a part as COMPANY part, but it is showing as a DUPLICATE of the original... These parts were created several versions ago, but continue to be "linked" to even the new 15 versions of the old part...

any ideas?

2. There is no question 2... I answered my own question... But I wondering about about VERSIONING in this scenario... If a 15 object is loaded in the same library as all my 14 parts and has a migration rule, will 14 force this migration? (and if 14 did not have this feature, then just increase each number by 1... next year will 16 migration objects ...... in 15 files....)
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Anonymous
Not applicable
Any update on the full doc?
ztaskai
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Yeah, no, sorry. I collected and wrote some big chunks of text and recorded the issue for our team but the whole thing didn't get a priority high enough.

I'll do my best to get it into the v16 Basic Library Documentation.

Best,
Zsolt Táskai
ArchiCAD Development - GDL Team
AC13, AC14 and upwards...
Learn and get certified!