Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Mirror in place for multiple doors

david_skogvold
Booster

Is there a way to easily mirror multiple doors (or windows) in place, around the centerpoint of each individual opening? The mirror command always seems to require an axis, and so you have to do this operation one door at a time.

The closest I can get is rotate and flip, this comes close, but it also changes the reveal side and that brings its own set of problems, at least for exterior walls. 

Hopefully I'm just missing something obvious here...

6 REPLIES 6
Erwin Edel
Rockstar

As far as I know, you're not missing anything obvious.

Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5

Well, that's unfortunate but not unexpected.

Another one for the wish list, I guess... 🙄

Hi @david_skogvold, there’s no frustration as I know you can select all doors you want to mirror at once and make two clicks, 1 to flip via info box or opening the door settings dialogue box & 2 rotate via pressing the middle point of any door then choose rotate from the pet palette, try it.

AC 27 INT 5003 - AC 26 INT 6019 ( For MEP Purposes )
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB

Mahmoud, this works in many cases, however it is not the same as mirroring.

Using this approach the inside / outside of the door is reversed, so for exterior walls and other applications where this matters, you might end up with more work in the end, not less.. see attached example.

BEFORE flip+mirrorBEFORE flip+mirrorAFTER flip+mirrorAFTER flip+mirror

You’re right David it can’t be done without extra work, I think it would be better if you can explain how this task could be achieved simply in order to be a practical wish more than a general one, thx.

AC 27 INT 5003 - AC 26 INT 6019 ( For MEP Purposes )
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB

Well, to my mind, this should be done in one click, just like how Flip or Rotate works. Simply select any number of doors, then Edit>Mirror, and done. Keep an option to input a mirroring plane for the (relatively few) occasions when you need that.