BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Mirror tool full model

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys
please help me Im trying to mirror my full drawing with elevations and sections detailed but when i do so my section and elevations change the position i have annotated it changes is they a better way to do it. thank you
3 REPLIES 3
Podolsky
Ace
I'm afraid no. When you mirror the whole model - you cannot access your annotation in sections and elevations.
You need to adjust your annotation after manually.
Try to select all annotation in section and mirror it too - maybe it will fix some problems and speed-up the process.
Barry Kelly
As Podolsky said, with Archicad as it comes - no.

The problem arises because you are moving the model in relation to the Project Origin.
The text and other 2D annotation in your sections and elevations does not move, so now looks out of place.

However, if you are prepared to throw some money at it, there is a solution.
Central Innovation (the Australian suppliers of Archicad) have an add-on that they sell (or more correctly rent?).
You can get info here ... https://centralinnovation.com/archicad/extensions/ci-transformer/

There is a free trial if you want to give it a go.
If this is just a one-off that might be enough.
But if you need it a lot, then you might want to look into purchasing it.
The thing I don't like about it is that it is on a subscription - stop paying and you lose it (I assume it will not affect any plans you have already mirrored).

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you i did that and it worked.
Learn and get certified!