BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Missing AUS Objects

sarahric
Contributor
I have moved computers and have an issue now that my new computer does not have the parts I've used in many drawings on many projects, namely Title AUS 18 and Story Marker AUS 18.
I have copied the Australian Essential Library 18 that I believed these came from but the parts in this library don't have the "18" after them (ie it is called simply Title AUS and Story Marker AUS)
And then if I do select them for a drawing then it says it can't find something else in the 2D script.
I am not familiar with script or how to get into this as work around. And anyway, I do not want to have to go into every single drawing of every project to relink my titles & markers, as there are hundreds of times that I have used these parts. Also, other people are using the same files on different computers.
What I would like to know is why, if my libraries have been migrated, and I have the relevant library, why don't I have the same part?
ArchiCAD 18/Windows 7/16GB Memory/i5 3.2GHz Processor/NVIDIA GeForce GT 610
5 REPLIES 5
Lingwisyer
Guru
Check if your library is up to date? I have an "Australian Essential Library 18 V2" library which appears to contain those symbols.

At the end, you mentioned that you migrated. Do you mean from a different version? Or just from computer to computer?

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
sarahric
Contributor
Just moved computer - same version.
I can only locate the 1 library on the first computer, and it doesn't say V2
Also can't download the library again because I can't locate my ClientID to log in
Lingwisyer
Guru
In that case I think you will need to contact CI and retrieve your account or request a copy of the library.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
sarahric
Contributor
I've copied the library from my old computer and still have this problem.
There is an object called Title AUS but it doesn't have the 18 (object I need is Title AUS 18).
Also am missing the Story level with AUS 18 on it aswell.
Have tried to rename an object with this but it doesn't integrate and replace all the placed objects.
I don't understand why I can't find this object in the library on my 1st computer or why it's not embedded.
Miha_M
Advisor
Try saving the project file as a .pla file on the old computer. Open the .pla file on the new computer. Does it still show any missing library parts?

| Archicad 4.55 - 27
| HP Z840 | 2× E5-2643 v4 | 64 GB RAM | Quadro M5000 | Windows 10 Pro x64
| HP Z4 G4 | W-2245 | 64 GB RAM | RTX A4000 | Windows 11

Learn and get certified!