BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Missing Library Part I don't want

4hotshoes
Advisor

Archicad keeps telling me that I have one library part that is missing. I downloaded it and now I don't want it. What is the proper way to delete an object in the embedded library so that Archicad does not keep telling me that it is missing? Do I need to find it and load it then delete it from the Library Manager?

Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)
13 REPLIES 13

No it’s not attribute, you can load libraries as you can and delete Them if not needed but be cautious if you have an object in your project related to these libraries otherwise you will gain a missing library part warning.

AC 27 INT 5003/WIN 11
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB

03F9B0B5-7D5D-4B62-A861-288C0D097FD6.jpeg

Here’s how you can find and delete a missing library part from your project.

AC 27 INT 5003/WIN 11
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB

@4hotshoes What tool did you use to insert the object into your model when you were experimenting?  While the object may not be in the model (Find & Select will not find it) ... it could still be the default object for the tool you used to place it.  Just double click that tool (or tool > cmd-T for settings) and set the tool to use some other loaded object.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
DGSketcher
Legend

@4hotshoes Have you run "Open & Repair" to see if that fixes it? The number in brackets indicates there is one instance in your drawings. You will need to turn on ALL layers for each view you are checking. Wherever the object is placed it may not be visible with the part loaded. If the part is unloaded and you zoom out it will be represented as a heavy black dot. You could also try selecting the label tool, Ctrl-A to select all labels and zoom extents to see if you spot it as an anomaly e.g. outside the drawing area.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Learn and get certified!