Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

Missing Library folder

Dali_
Contributor
Have just upgraded from ArchiCAD v.20 to v.24. I have found that there is a missing folder in the library – namely, 'Fences and Railings'. It should be in Basic Library > Building Structures > Fences and Railings. The folder is completely missing. The folder still exists in AC 20, so it appears that AC 24 is not correctly importing the library migration files.
Does anyone have any idea how to resolve this problem?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly
The fence and railing objects no longer exist in the new versions (since version 21 I believe).
Loading the migration libraries (for all versions 20-24) should keep the old objects in your file.

We are expected to use the new railing tool now instead of these objects.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
Barry Kelly
The fence and railing objects no longer exist in the new versions (since version 21 I believe).
Loading the migration libraries (for all versions 20-24) should keep the old objects in your file.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Dali_
Contributor
Barry wrote:

Barry.
Thanks Barry for the prompt reply. I did not even realise that there was a 'Railing Tool'; I have only just started using AC 24. I had previously tried loading AC 20 Migration Library, but that didn't make any difference; I will try what you say.

Interestingly, there is also a new 'Equipment Tool' – as I have just found out – that duplicates the kitchen equipment and cabinets that already exist in the Object Tool > Basic Library > Kitchen Cabinets, etc.

Regards.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Dali_ wrote:
Interestingly, there is also a new 'Equipment Tool' – as I have just found out – that duplicates the kitchen equipment and cabinets that already exist in the Object Tool > Basic Library > Kitchen Cabinets, etc.
That is because the MEP add-on is now part of the standard AC package (it was a separate add-on before), so those objects can be used as part of the MEP functions.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14