Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Missing Library parts

Anonymous
Not applicable
I opened drawing that was done in archicad 18 in a new computer with archicad 21 installed. Though I selected the "migrate archicad libraries" option when opening the file all objects were displayed except the doors and windows!
I tried doing a reload of the library but nothing seems to work. I need help
2 REPLIES 2
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Francis Abulimen:

You can try loading some of the Migration Libraries (Applications > GRAPHISOFT > ARCHICAD 21 > ARCHICAD Migration Libraries) to see if they contain the missing parts.

Are the doors and windows missing (check the Library Loading Report) or just not visible (could be a MVO or other setting)?

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Da3dalus
Enthusiast
When Properties were introduced in AC20, the recommended method of Scheduling changed from Parameters to Properties. For some reason, they changed the AC20 Doors to omit many of the "Custom" Parameters that are no longer needed. However, this Migration would have disabled many old Door Schedules. Therefore, the Library Manager does not Migrate any doors prior to AC20 (AC19 would work, though), and simply loads in the Migration Libraries to keep the old Door Library Parts.
Chuck Kottka
Orcutt Winslow
Phoenix, Arizona, USA

ArchiCAD 25 (since 4.5)
Macbook Pro 15" Touchbar OSX 10.15 Core i7 2.9GHz/16GB RAM/Radeon Pro560 4GB