BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Missing Objects from AC10 Guide Chapter 03.pla & attributes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

This is my first post and i decided to sign up because from looking at other posts to try and help me with my problem, none seem to give me the answer that i need. So here goes.......

I started a project a couple of years ago in ArchiCAD 10 by which i was given chapter guides from my university lecturer. Every chapter would generate a new part of the building myself and the rest of my class would have to build. After completing the building i decided to try and update the design i had done but by this time i had installed ArchiCAD 16, and the problem i am having is that certain parts are missing in the (from AC10 Guide Chapter 03.pla such as W M Bottom Hung 10, Basin, etc and in attributes materials etc will not show in ArchiCAD 16. What i need to know is how do i show all the elements that are missing in the model so i can move them delete them etc as otherwise i will probably have to redo the entire building again. I'm sure i have managed to do this before but i cannot remember how to do it. I have included a screen shot so that you can see what is missing as there is alot!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Simon
1 REPLY 1
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Simon:

One option is use the Library Manager to load the ArchiCAD Library 10 Subset library, it should be in the Graphisoft > ArchiCAD 16 > ArchiCAD Migration Libraries folder. This assumes that these parts were from the standard ArchiCAD libraries.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Learn and get certified!