BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Missing lybrary objects from German version template

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone,
I have the following problem. I am based in Bulgaria and use Archicad 22 in English. I am working with architects from Germany. They have sent me a template file created with a German version of Archicad 22, however when I opened it, the whole library was missing. I loaded the Archicad Library 22, as well as the Migration Libraries from my Graphisoft folder in Program Files, however there are still objects missing, which are with German names, such as some windows, the zone stamp etc.
Why is this happening and can I fix it? How do you work on files with multiple language versions of Archicad?
Any help is highly appreciated.
Bests,
Tereza
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
Many language versions have there own customised Archicad library.
The German version is one that has its own library that is different to the INT version.

You will need to download the German version of Archicad and install that (into a different program folder than your standard Archicad).

Then you will have access to load the German library (and migration libraries if needed).

Do not load them at the same time as your INT libraries as it may cause problems.

So then you will be working in an English version of Archicad, but your library parts will all be in German - they will not translate.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks so much! Yes, it makes total sense. Will try it right away.
Bests,
Tereza
Learn and get certified!