BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Missing materials and other 3D View issues

Jordan Stimpson
Newcomer

I have been working on a project and everything has gone smoothly until today. I got on my project and the 3D view is acting up. Previous material files are gone, for example the brick texture is now just a solid pink and the nice dark flooring and door trim is a gross beige color. Trying to pivot in the 3d view is very difficult and everything disappears but a blue wireframe type view. It does not move in real time so I cannot tell if it is the angle I want until I unclick, and it is often wrong. I am using the educational version and before opening the project it had a pop up saying some aspects of Archicad were unable to be used, but I don't know how to get it back. Would I need to reinstall it?

2 REPLIES 2
Lingwisyer
Guru

Regarding the colours, check your View Styles

The blue wireframe is AC trying to simplify the view while you pan to get better performance. I think the relevant settings are under Work Environment => Advanced Redraw Options.

If this has only just happened, have you added any high poly objects recently? Are any programs running in the background using up a large amount of your computers RAM?

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Barry Kelly

Sounds like you have lost OpenGL (or Hardware Acceleration I think they call it now).

Maybe it is just a case of restarting your machine.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!