Parametric design
About Rhino & Grasshopper and PARAM-O.

Missing tool on Archicad

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello!
My problem is that I have installed the grashopper live-connection with no issue on the instalation whatsoever. but when I look for the tool in archicad it doesn't appear, ive searched for this issue in various post with no sucessfull answer. I'll attach some snaps of places where the button should appear but doesnt. Archicad and Rhino are updated to the date.

PD.: I checked the add-ons folder and the grasshopper connection appears to be installed.

Im runnning:
Rhino 6
Archicad 22 SPA
Win7

12 REPLIES 12
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello All,

Based on what you say, it seems like the Grasshopper side is perfectly fine, and the problem is with the ARCHICAD side of the Add-on. I would suspect that you might have multiple ARCHICAD versions installed and when the installer ran, it placed the add-on in one version of ARCHICAD, but you are running a different version. Please check the Add-on folder of the ARCHICAD you are running (.../GRAPHISOFT/ARCHICAD 22/Add-Ons/), and see if you have the "Grasshopper-ARCHICAD Live Connection" Add-on in this folder. If not, then the Add-on is installed somewhere else, and you cannot see it in ARCHICAD, because it is not actually there. In this case just find where this ARCHICAD Add-on is, and copy-paste it here.

Let me know if this helped.

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I'm facing the same problem...
Have someone found a solution?

I'm using the latest version of Archicad 23 and Rhino 6.24. I'm under Windows 7.
Nothing appear in Archicad, but I have all the component in Grasshopper.

Thanks in advance
Clara
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
If you go to the ARCHICAD installation folder and then go to the Add-Ons folder, you should have a "Grasshopper-ARCHICAD Live Connection" folder in it. The "GrassHopperConnection.apx" file in this folder is the ARCHICAD side of the ARCHICAD-Grasshopper Connection.

Also, if you see these files, then you could check the Add-On Manager Dialog ("View > Add-On Manager" menu command) and see if the "Grasshopper-ARCHICAD Live Connection 2.3" item is there and its checkbox is checked.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27