BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Missing wall in Elevation

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello. I hope someone could help me on this. When I load the Elevation in my model, some of the walls disappear, and when I delete the column that's in front of it, wall comes back but with a square in the middle. What does this mean ?
or how can I fix it ?

I added a picture so you can see.

Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
Could be several things. Do you have a wall skin of 0" thickness? That will do it. Also, I have had the same thing happen to me recently as if I am short on memory or something. It takes some doing to make it rebuild. Is your file very large? It could also be some kind of material strength setting, or intersect number for a layer. Show us what it looks like in a 3d view.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is the 3d view, and it looks all complete. Now the elevation is fixed cause' I rebuilt the wall, but I still don't understand why sometimes elements tend to disappear in elevations. I think it could be like you said something related to the rebuild thing.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here you can see that in this elevation half of the floor is missing, what could it be ? I just bought an iMac last week, so I can delete the ram issue now, but I think it can be something else, because it worked before but now is like this.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Is it possible that you have to elements (ie. walls or slabs) in exactly the same place and they are effectively cancelling each other out?

Cheers,
Link.
Learn and get certified!