BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Model View Options Interface has "Separator Lines" horizontally across it?

JGoode
Advocate
When I set my page to 795 height it decides to draw a load of separator-looking lines. This is obviously a big issue. I can't seem to add an attachment since the website got a revamp.
ArchiCAD 23

Windows 10
4 REPLIES 4
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello JGoode,

I have tried the same over here on my machine, but it looks just fine for me. I see in your signature that you are on Windows 8. Windows 8 is not supported by ARCHICAD 20 and 21. Is it possible this happens because of this? Could you try it on a windows 10 machine?

If you can reproduce the same on a different windows 10 machine with the same object (in an empty project), then it is clearly caused by something in that object. If you send it to me in a PM, I can take a look.

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
I personally would not do such big MVO page...check it on fhd display and probably there will be a problem in opening it...and fhd is not an unusual resolution not talking on smaller ones 😉

And what is more important - do not use " a lot " of parameters at once in MVO page - as it will slow down the opening of the whole MVO dialog.

I used a lot of tabs so the parameters were not visible at once..and I did a trick with one parameter allowing to show and edit the others - in case the switch was off - the almost whole page was covered with the screenshot 😜

Piotr
JGoode
Advocate
dkovacs wrote:
Hello JGoode,

I have tried the same over here on my machine, but it looks just fine for me. I see in your signature that you are on Windows 8. Windows 8 is not supported by ARCHICAD 20 and 21. Is it possible this happens because of this? Could you try it on a windows 10 machine?

If you can reproduce the same on a different windows 10 machine with the same object (in an empty project), then it is clearly caused by something in that object. If you send it to me in a PM, I can take a look.

Regards,
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I believe it happens when the model view options hits the windows taskbar at the bottom of the page. Basically if the interface page is larger than ArchiCAD it doesn't seem to know how to deal with it so it just chucks lines horizontally across it. Potentially this might not happen on windows 10 and it's a conflict with windows 8 but I have no way of trying.

Thanks
ArchiCAD 23

Windows 10
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi guys,

Thanks for the additional info, now I tried it on a smaller screen, and I could reproduce it. Apparently if the pane can't fit on the screen, it does this. I have added it to our errors list.

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
Learn and get certified!