BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Modeling corner pocket door (Fleetwood 3070 CR)

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to model a corner pocket door (pocket doors with operable panels that meet at a 90º corner). I tried using two pocket doors with door frame size of zero (to make frame at corner disappear) but no luck.
I Finally used solid element operations to cut whole in wall and modeled door panels from walls/morphs/slabs. Any advice on a way to do it so that the doors show up on schedules and behave like doors would be greatly appreciated!
Screen shots attached.
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
3d screenshot
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
The Element Classification field in the Tags and Categories panel of elements lets you categorize them as other element types (e.g. set a Morph to be in the Door category.
Then this Element Classification parameter an be scheduled.

Since your Door is now modeled by several elements, I would recommend the following additional trick: If the Door is model, e.g. out of 5 elements, then select on of these elements, and assign it the "Door" Element Classification. Then set the ID of all 4 other elements to a blank text. When create the Schedule Scheme, in the Criteria panel add the criteria:
Element ID is not (and leave the "value" field blank)
This way no elements with no text in their ID field will be listed.

I don't think you have any means by which to make them act like Doors, though (like have and opening line in 2D, have a Marker etc.)
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks! Very helpful.

I am now trying to place a door marker on plan that will be linked to the door (morph that is labeled as door). I've been playing with the label tool to place a door marker that matches the door markers for my other doors (door objects) Is there any way to link this label/marker to the "door" that I created? In other words, can the label display the door i.d.?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here's a solution that works well for corner pocket doors:
1. Insert two pocket doors in two walls
2. Position doors so that door panels meet as they would in corner door.
3. Create cutting body that cuts out messy party of wall at meeting corner. Do NOT do a solid element operation to subtract the cutting body from the walls. Let the priority connections cut the wall. If you do a solid element operation, the pocket doors will be cut as well.
As long as the cutting body is on a non-showing layer, the doors will appear in plan, elevation, 3d and schedules properly.
Learn and get certified!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!