Parametric design
About Rhino & Grasshopper and PARAM-O.

Modeling curtain wall organic panels in grasshopper

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys, Im kinda new to grasshopper and was trying to explore some specific features for my next project. Unfortunately i havent really found any tutorial on modeling curtain walls in grasshopper, more specifically generating organic structural lines. I read somewhere you can also model panels through image sampler. Does anyone know how to do any of that?
3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Could you post a screenshot of exactly what geometry you would like to achieve?
I am not completely positive on what you mean by "organic" panel". Is it a planar geometry with curvy outlines or is the whole Curtain Wall double-curved geometry? A screenshot or an image would help.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a similar question. This relates to the design of contemporary versions of traditional Native American dwellings in the Southwest - Odis 'Ki. This project is in the early stages but we need to convert our parametric models into ARCHICAD BIM models in order to complete documentation and create 3D visuals (Twinmotion etc.)

What I'd like to be able to do is to have Archicad "read" the box structure I have as a version of a wall and roof that is all framed. I'm still plugging away on this but any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I've attached a screen shot of a) the structure and b) the Grasshopper code I created to generate it.

Thanks

Phil Allsopp
Phoenix, AZ
Archicad 24
iMacPro running Parallels and WIndows 10.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I think you can just use the Beam and Column Nodes in Grasshopper to generate those elements in Archicad.
If there will be panels inside those Beam and Columns, you will be able to generate those using Roof or Morph Nodes.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27