Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Modeling vertical "striped" wall

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, I'm trying to achieve similar effect on the walls and ceiling shown in these pictures: Picute 1 Picture 2 Picture 3

I've tried making a curved wall using spline tool and then rotating it but the process is very tedious and the result isn't what I'm looking for. Maybe there is some other way?
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
The only thing that comes to mind is making an algorithmic design using the Archicad-Grasshopper-Rhino connection. It will appear in ArchiCAD as a wall, but you would have to know how to model it using 2 other programs.

Shapes like these cannot be made in native ArchiCAD except by using some extreme Morph modeling.
Barry Kelly
Each individual slice could be made as a complex profile wall.
The complex profile would give the shape of the wall and the length of the complex profile wall would be the thickness 0f the wall (slice).
So each slice or panel would be a very sort length wall using the profile you define in the complex profile.

Or you could use the morph tool.
You would still need to give the morph the shape of each slice and then extrude it to the thickness you need for that slice/panel.

The column design would be just one wall/morph rotated and multiplied at the same time.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Eduardo Rolon
It can be done with Shells and Subtracted columns but you will need to design every single profile. The other option is to use C4D, Rhino (or any 3D Modeling program) as a modeler and then import
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
What if you tried modelling the overall organic form with a morph and then 'subtracting' the gaps with SEO of other elements (walls/slabs/beams etc.) setout to the required spacings and located on a setout layer which is not seen?
The immediate advantage i can see to modelling each segment seperately is that modifications to the organic form could be more easily made or adjusted.
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can model this relatively easily using the shell or morph tool and the curtain wall tool using methodology as per linked video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imoP1e7xu0o&sns=em
Once you are happy with the design / form I would convert to morph so that it displays correctly on plan and so that you can split into individual pieces as you will need to elevate each panel individually so that it can be built.
Scott
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks everyone, I think I kind of figured it out. I've used Shell tool to create revolved shape. Then created multiple walls, converted everything to morphs and intersected. This is the result.

Now I have to make this for ceiling as well