Parametric design
About Rhino & Grasshopper and PARAM-O.

Modify GDL Object Parameters in Grasshoppers

hpenbeoglu
Booster
Note: By default, Grasshopper cannot access the internal parameters of ARCHICAD Library Parts - they are grayed out on the interface. To allow Grasshopper to access the Library Part’s internal parameters, you must modify its program code.
Hello everyone,

The quotation is originally written in PDf documentation of GS-AC connection. What does "modifying its program code" means? How can I do this and reach its parameters? Because I want to modify object parameters at GS.
BIM Manager, Architect in the UK | AC11-AC27

Macbook Pro 16" 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 - 32 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD | MacOS 13.3.1 (a)
2 REPLIES 2
hpenbeoglu
Booster
I downloaded the new PDF and there is a more detailed explanation of it.
BIM Manager, Architect in the UK | AC11-AC27

Macbook Pro 16" 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 - 32 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD | MacOS 13.3.1 (a)
Nader Belal
Mentor
@hpenbeoglu

Hi there,

It means that Grasshopper can't modifiy the parameters' values of ArchiCAD's Library Objects (the same is true to other object's too), unless

you create a specific parameter that tells the program to permit Grasshopper to access the object.

Download the "Grasshopper-ARCHICAD Live Connection 2.2 User Guide" and start reading from page 86
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.