Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Modular Joinery and ARCHICAD 20

insideru
Advocate
Hi,

I bumped into a very nice object, called modular joinery. I also found a nice PDF of its features (dated around 2012) https://gtaljaard.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/modular-joinery-manual.pdf
Apparently in ARCHICAD 20 there are 2 objects, Modular Window and Modular Door. For some reason both of these objects seem broken for me. Are these objects supposed to work with AC20? Is this the normal behavior for the object?

modular_window.JPG
ARCHICAD 27 INT
macOS Sonoma
10 REPLIES 10
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
If I remember correctly this is a GDL Object that was made available to Subscription customers in certain markets.
Others may chime in to state which markets (I think the US was one of them).
However, I do not think it was made available in European markets (in UK maybe).
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
insideru
Advocate
It is available to download under my subscription so i figured it must work, otherwise why would it be there? Maybe cause there is no Romanian version of AC and you guys sell INT here? I don't know ...

I was really looking forward to use this ever since i found out about it, too bad you're limiting it's use to those not in the UK or US.
ARCHICAD 27 INT
macOS Sonoma
Barry Kelly
Maybe it hasn't been updated for version 20.
It doesn't mention which versions it is compatible with when you download it.

Some of the GDL commands have changed since version 19 so this could be the problem.

I downloaded it in 18 and it works.
It definitely doesn't work in 20.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
insideru
Advocate
Thanks for clearing it out. I was thinking it was something on my end.
On the other hand, it's kinda weird that they didn't update it for AC20 half a year later. Maybe they are retiring it? Who knows ...
ARCHICAD 27 INT
macOS Sonoma
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, there were some big changes in AC19 in GDL, and this may cause issues with this GDL Object since it was created for an older version originally.
What you need to know is that this was created by a 3rd party, not GRAPHISOFT, so I guess that could be the reason it was not updated for AC20.
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
insideru wrote:
I bumped into a very nice object, called modular joinery. I also found a nice PDF of its features (dated around 2012) https://gtaljaard.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/modular-joinery-manual.pdf
Apparently in ARCHICAD 20 there are 2 objects, Modular Window and Modular Door. For some reason both of these objects seem broken for me. Are these objects supposed to work with AC20? Is this the normal behavior for the object?
Modular Joinery is maintained by GRAPHISOFT UK and provided to all subscribers (along with other libraries and tools). It works fine in all ARCHICAD versions right up to the latest release (screen snapshot from AC20 attached) so you probably have an old version. Contact GRAPHISOFT UK about the latest version.
ModularJoinery.jpeg
Ralph Wessel BArch
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Thanks for the clarification Ralph.
insideru
Advocate
Aye, cheers Ralph.

Do you happen to know how to contact GS UK? I only found a Twitter account, but no email address, and graphisoft.co.uk redirects to .com.
ARCHICAD 27 INT
macOS Sonoma
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
insideru wrote:
Do you happen to know how to contact GS UK? I only found a Twitter account, but no email address, and graphisoft.co.uk redirects to .com.
Sorry, I don't know how that would work for people outside the UK. GS UK engaged me to develop the object after many UK users demonstrated that they couldn't reasonably model many commonly used doors/windows/panels (e.g. Velfac) and they make the object freely available to UK subscribers. I believe they have made it available to distributors in some other countries after requests from their customers. I suggest contacting your ARCHICAD reseller.
Ralph Wessel BArch