BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Module Issue - Multi-Story? - Need Help!

matthewjj
Newcomer
We have a problem with modules that arose seemingly out of nowhere. We have a 400,000 SF multi-family project with two buildings that are built out of smaller unit modules. From the building files we publish a simplified multi-story module of the exterior of the building to link to the site model.

When it was originally set up things worked fine. However, the last time we published new modules of the building exteriors would not update. We decided to delete the modules and "re-place" them. This did nothing and now we can't seem to get the building module to link at all.

We have successfully been able to add some of the other smaller unit modules into the site to test whether or not the problem is with the ext building modules or with the site "host" file. It seems there may be something wrong with the published building exterior modules, they don't place inside an empty template file either.

We are able to place a module created using the "module from clipboard" but that manual method is not satisfactory. Also, we are able to open the published .MOD and view it and everything looks fine, it just won't hotlink. FYI, the published .MOD for the exterior only is a mere 15.4 MB.

I would suspect the Publisher as the culprit here but we have up to 20 modules being published for this project and it is only these two that are problematic. We are coming up against a deadline this Friday and this is becoming a serious issue. Any help would be much appreciated.
matt johnson
archicad since 2004
imac 27, 4.2 GHz Intel i7, 16 GB RAM, radeon 575 4 GB, macOS 10.14.6
imac, 4.0ghz i7, 16gb ram, Radeon M9 390 2GB, OS X El Capitan
2 REPLIES 2
matthewjj
Newcomer
Here is an image to help visualize the project. 2 Buildings, 1 site.
matt johnson
archicad since 2004
imac 27, 4.2 GHz Intel i7, 16 GB RAM, radeon 575 4 GB, macOS 10.14.6
imac, 4.0ghz i7, 16gb ram, Radeon M9 390 2GB, OS X El Capitan
NCornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Matt,

We would be glad to assist with this matter. I think we need more information though to determine the cause of the problem. I will PM you so that we can work directly with you on the matter.

Best regards,
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Learn and get certified!