BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Module in hotlink vs individual room number?

Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Hi,
I can have dreamt that it's posible to assign differens room nr/name to zones that comes from one hotlink. Say I have on room 1/Room1 that I hotlink into a master file where I want individual room nr/name for each zone. Is it possible?
/M
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
2 REPLIES 2
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
If you use ID instead of number, yes you can.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
fuzzytnth3
Booster
I tend to do it the other way round.

The Zones are in the Main Model and the Hotel Rooms for example are modules with no Zones. To then number say Doors within the modules, we use the Zone Number plus a unique number for each door within the module.

With a Zone setup with it's numbering/naming the way we want and Auto ID increase switched on then as you create each Zone they will number themselves accordingly. Obviously make use of the fact that Zones can find the walls of the room using the "Inner Edge" method of the Zone Tool (remember internal walls of the room can be set not to be boundaries for Zones)

So if you have three doors in your module number them 1, 2 and 3. Then in the Main Model the Schedule for the doors uses an IFC property that combines the Zone Number and the Unique Door number so you get L2-1Bed-087-01, L2-1Bed-087-02 and L2-1Bed-087-03

For the Unique Number of each Door we use the "inventory Number" in the List and Descriptions tab of the Door Object settings.

Having said all that if you insist on having the Zone inside the Module then each Module can have it's own unique ID when you place the Module just enter a unique Master ID for the module which will put a prefix ID to everything contained in the Module. Downside is if doing a Door Schedule you will have to make an IFC property that will find the same types of Doors despite being in different modules with different Prefixes to their IDs. You would have to use the "clip text' rule in IFC properties and I have found they can misbehave.

Best of luck whichever way you try.
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
Learn and get certified!