BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Monday Morning AC Blues

Anonymous
Not applicable
ok I want to know why can't I sign in just to view a file when an AC Teammate is updating....I get this lovely message....why can't I just access this file to view...just curious...
4 REPLIES 4
TomWaltz
Participant
r wrote:
ok I want to know why can't I sign in just to view a file when an AC Teammate is updating....I get this lovely message....why can't I just access this file to view...just curious...
Only one person can be signing in, sending & receiving, or changing workspace at any time. It's a security measure that prevents two people from ever stepping on each other.... even if one is only for "View Only."

That said , you can easily open any of the PLP backups. Locate the "Backups" folder (assuming you have it turned on), and change a PLP file's extenstion to PLN. You can then open the file, just as though you had View Only access to it.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks...that might help...I was looking for a static file to open, someone made a change I wanted to view, but the file was going thru an update...a backup might work....thanks again....
Anonymous
Not applicable
Did you try the Weston Blaney solution
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=4863
TomWaltz
Participant
r wrote:
Thanks...that might help...I was looking for a static file to open, someone made a change I wanted to view, but the file was going thru an update...a backup might work....thanks again....
In that case, you just have to wait until no one else is signing in/changing workspace.

I find Teamwork works best if each person plans about 4 hours of work when they sign out. It cuts down on processing time, cuts network load, and it cuts down on "Teamwork collisions." The only drawback is <gasp> people have to think before they sign in!
Tom Waltz
Learn and get certified!