Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Mop Sink and other basic items

Eric Milberger
Advocate
I am stuggling to find items that fit the U.S. market.
Standard items
I spend the last hour trying to find a mop sink.
What Archicad has is a Utility Sink and not a Mop Sink
I need a floor mounted but would work with a wall for the time being though I hate keeping up with things that must get fixed

Tried 3d Warehouse - found only one and it would not import
Tried BimObjects and nothing under sink and luckly I put in MOP but found only one and not typical and could not adjust

This is my frustration too often. Sink I do commercial Architecture my need for objects is not very large. But I wish the common ones were more easily found.
Eric Milberger, Architect | Master Planner
10 REPLIES 10
Lingwisyer
Guru
Eric wrote:
What Archicad has is a Utility Sink and not a Mop Sink
Are you talking about the "Mop Sink" object? If so, what makes a sink a mop sink?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Eric Milberger:

I use the Mop Sink supplied with AC (see Lingwisyer's image). Under Sink Settings > All Parameters > Leg Type: set it to None to have a floor model.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Eric Milberger
Advocate
Thanks - I did not see the no legs feature.
But this is still faking the reality.
Normally I would have a cell made of a std floor sink with the tile wall options.
or
A wall mounted mop sink.

What is shown is a utility sink.
Lingwisyer
Guru
Eric wrote:
Normally I would have a cell made of a std floor sink with the tile wall options.
or
A wall mounted mop sink.
As in you want an option to have it made out of floor tiles? Pictures? I still have next to no clue regarding the appearance of what you are looking for...

Eric Milberger
Advocate
It woudl be similar to concrete or terrazzo
Eric Milberger
Advocate
The typical floor mounted mop sinks are various sizes

3'*3' for example
They are made of a cementitious material and sometimes fancier sometimes
Then tile is applied separately to the adjacent walls

Here is a good example https://www.plumbingsupply.com/mopsinks.html#mtb

I have found the stainless you show but to be honest I have never seen one like that installed as it would be beat up with the abuse of mob containers and wheels in the sink.

The style with the legs is a utility sink as I would hate to life a full mop bucket with wheels in and out of that sink.

What I am looking for are items that would by typical for use here in the U.S.
I have stayed out of this one because I assumed you would find the answer somewhere. However, as you have not, I will give you another option.
Basin: https://cadswift.com.au/products/Infinite-Basins.html
Sink: https://cadswift.com.au/products/Infinite-Sinks.html

You can created any shape sink/basin with these objects as they are designed to handle any product on the market. Obviously you can also apply any material.

The real beauty of these objects is you can save your custom shape/configuration (with a pretty image) into the catalogue which is available in all your projects regardless of where you create it. If you engage the manufacturer then I will build their whole catalogue which all users can access. If we get enough manufacturers on board the tool will become free to all users.

The objects are in continual development so if you need it to do more, simply ask and we will work on it as a priority and deliver you the results within a short period of time... no waiting for next years release.

It's pure native Archicad GDL which I have been doing for 19 years.
Creator of Cadswift's parametric GDL libraries
Creator of Infinite Openings and Component Catalogues
Push the envelope & watch it bend
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/CADSwift/playlists
Lingwisyer
Guru
You cannot just change the material and turn the legs off? The left object is just a shower base, which you can turn off the individual upstands.

Eric Milberger
Advocate
That is what I did get too. Thanks - it is just not obvious since the original is not a mop sink , I love the flexibility of cells. But when you are in production to spend hours chasing stuff it is just awkward

Maybe a search that accepted aliases . When on a tool such as this the search could check aliases to what it can do.

Just am not finding enough common components. The bathroom laboratory is just not one I see anywhere here. Just another example