BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

More productivity when working with archicad

bouhmidage
Advisor
These days, i was present at an autodesk presentation wich talks about bim in general and the solution autodesk offers for it's customers,
I was inspired by the presentation, and felt that archicad can do much more better than autodes products if the developping team focus more on developping current tools,

BIMx for exemple, is now a tool to visualize ptoject for clients,
What if we think out of the box, and push the tool more forward,
Bimx can be used as a construction tracking tool, we can select items a d construction elements, give them construction state (done, not yet, have to be repaired etc....) , remaining quantities that have to be done,mark and report issues, this way you can track project evolution,
We can also send ba k all this data (issue markers, modified propreties, etc) to archicad, so the design and construction evolute side by side,
Bimx can be connected to laser meter, to draw existing buildings directly with native archicad elements, and send them from bimx to arcbicad to continue the design process..
I think autodesk doesn't have powerfull dedign tools, but it focuses more on how customer works and what they need exacltly, in opposition to Graphisoft which focuses on design tools (which lack a lot of basic fonctionnalities, eg. proper SEO wall presentation in plan..) and forgot about the user experience..
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 10 GB
Archicad 25
Windows 10 professional
https://www.behance.net/Nuance-Architects
3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Last year when ARCHICAD 23 was announced, GRAPHISOFT also announced that BIMx will have and API using which its functionality can be extended. They also demoed a first application that used that API and it was pretty impressive, you could control the light, doors, etc. of a real-world building from BIMx and do many other things.
So I think the functionality of BIMx will be greatly extended in the coming years.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for that answer, I'll be sticking with ARCHICAD then, do we have an ETA for the next version?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
A new version of ARCHICAD is usually released during the summer of the given year. There were a couple of times when it was released later, like in the case of AC13 and AC23, but in all other years in recent memory, the new version came out during the summer, usually in June.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!