Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Morph and roof problems

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey

I have two problems with my project.

Problem number 1 is that i wanted to ask if there is any solution to put a window in a morph.

The second is that i dont know how to cut the roof with the wall. (image)

https://www.directupload.net/file/d/5694/pgum7cxy_png.htm

I appreciate your quick respons please.

Best regards

Bishoy
7 REPLIES 7
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
It is not possible to place a Window into a Wall.
Doors and Windows can only placed into Walls, they cannot stand on their own. This is why they do not even have their own Layer.

About the Roof: how do you want to cut it? Do you want the Roof Eaves to be vertical and its outside face flush with the Wall's outside face?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Bishoy wrote:
Problem number 1 is that i wanted to ask if there is any solution to put a window in a morph.
While you cannot put a Window in a Morph, you could cut a hole in the Morph, place a Wall the size of the Window there, then place the Window in that Wall.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
LaszloNagy wrote:
It is not possible to place a Window into a Wall.
Doors and Windows can only placed into Walls, they cannot stand on their own. This is why they do not even have their own Layer.

About the Roof: how do you want to cut it? Do you want the Roof Eaves to be vertical and its outside face flush with the Wall's outside face?

Yes exactly, I want the roof to be vertically even with the white wall.
Anonymous
Not applicable
David wrote:
Bishoy wrote:
While you cannot put a Window in a Morph, you could cut a hole in the Morph, place a Wall the size of the Window there, then place the Window in that Wall.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
Even if it is a slanted window ?
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Bishoy wrote:
David wrote:
Bishoy wrote:

David
Even if it is a slanted window ?
Yes. In the Wall Tool settings > Geometry and Positioning > select the Slant wall option and set the angle. Then in the Window Tool settings > Preview and Positioning > select the Opening Plane: associated to Wall option

Thanks for adding your signature.

David.
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your help.
But do you know how to cut the roof (image).
https://www.directupload.net/file/d/5694/pgum7cxy_png.htm
I want it to be like the white morph.

Bishoy
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
If you select the Roof, then click its boundary at the eaves line, the Pet Palette comes up, which lets you edit the Roof geometry.
Select the "Custom Edge Settings" command (rightmost in upper row) and set the "Angle" to the vertical option. You can also override the Surface of that edge of the Roof in that Dialog, if needed.
Also, use the "Offset Edge" command of the Pet Palette to move that edge back to the outside face of the Wall.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27