BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Morph_stairs with radius chamfer..

Anonymous
Not applicable
Unable to make a smooth chamfer on this morph. It was a stair - been converetd to morph and maniplated before turning back to a stair by saving the stair as new type.

Any idea WHY THE CHAMFER tool is not allowing me to select the lines in their totality in order to apply the chamfer radius? See photos.

Its the bottom line thats more of the problem. Top horizontal line has smoothed. Bottom however only works at one end of the stair -
7 REPLIES 7
Hello atfonit,

Did you try to draw a plan with morph tool before to pull it ?
Like a complex profile about wall, column or beam but directly with morph tool.

You are able to smooth your morph by this way :
Draw / Modify Morph / ... (there is a tool like Smooth but I can tell you cause I use a french archicad )
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
If it does not create the proper curve when you convert the Stair Tread to Morph, then you could just delete the curve to "heal back" that corner of the Morph, and then use the "Fillet/Chamfer Edge" command on that edge of the Morph to redo it.
I did this on the attached image and you can see the result on the Morph at the front.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
How are you deleting the curve ?

I understand the principal but not sure how do delete the curve portion or any other portion for that matter without just deleiting the whole stair/morph
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks - by all means let me knw if FR. I use als at work a FR version of AC 23.

pas soucis....
merci d'avance.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Lazslo,

fyi, The top line I could do, its the bottom one where it deosnt seem to like it.

The chamfer doesn't apply to the ccomplete line at the bottom but only the edges of that line.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Laszlo fyi : to be clear on this point. I have achived the same as you show for the upper chamfer - its the underside of the same stair/morph where there is a problem.

see attachment..
Anonymous
Not applicable
Check if the line you want to fillet and all adjacent lines involved in the geometry have nodes where the arc will be. Sometimes there are little adjacent nodes that doesn't allow the fillet
Hope that helps.
Learn and get certified!