BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Morphing...

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm teaching a workshop of Archicad this days and many of the asks of the students now finish with ... "Well, you can do with morph" I'm working with Archicad since v11 and morph its the best tool since I work with archi...
I have made some tries with the tools and I think that the posibilities of morph are only limited by our imagination...
(All the are pics above have been modelled in Archicad with morph, no more programs)

By garquitectos at 2012-07-22

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

By garquitectos at 2012-07-27

By garquitectos at 2012-07-27

22 REPLIES 22
Jere
Expert
My humble contribution:
A simple welded strut for a canopy structure.
ArchiCAD 26-5002; Windows 11; Intel i7-10700KF; 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1660
Gorazd
Booster
My try. The Rex chair collection (http://rex-kralj.si/en/) modeled with morph tool.
------

Gorazd Rajh

AC 25, Ryzen 9 5900HS, 48 GB RAM, RTX 3080, Win 11
Gorazd
Booster
With quick Artlantis render of all 5 pieces.
------

Gorazd Rajh

Anonymous
Not applicable
Very good, Gorazd!!!
Gorazd
Booster
Thank you. Theese foldable chairs are iconic in Slovenia and are sold throughout Europe since sixties. Modeling them was my way to learn the morph tool, each piece I made took me less time.
------

Gorazd Rajh

Anonymous
Not applicable
Gorazd wrote:
Thank you. Theese foldable chairs are iconic in Slovenia and are sold throughout Europe since sixties. Modeling them was my way to learn the morph tool, each piece I made took me less time.
I'm in the same sitution... I modelled all this things to practice with morph, and each piece took me less time too. If you know how to modell with c4d, morph is very easy, limited of course but very easy.
Jose wrote:
Gorazd wrote:
I'm in the same sitution... I modelled all this things to practice with morph, and each piece took me less time too. If you know how to modell with c4d, morph is very easy, limited of course but very easy.
I am new to Morph and still finding it virtually unusable. My biggest problem is how to RELEASE the mouse from making something. Every attempt to do so results in the object getting larger and larger and larger. does one hit ESC, does one hit Enter, does one double click, or does one right-click and select OK? None of these seem to work.
The most valuable key combination is Ctrl-Z, because even if you have made an effort to form a shape, you think its done, move the mouse away and suddenly the object goes crazy.
Anonymous
Not applicable
david wrote:
I am new to Morph and still finding it virtually unusable. My biggest problem is how to RELEASE the mouse from making something. Every attempt to do so results in the object getting larger and larger and larger. does one hit ESC, does one hit Enter, does one double click, or does one right-click and select OK? None of these seem to work.
The most valuable key combination is Ctrl-Z, because even if you have made an effort to form a shape, you think its done, move the mouse away and suddenly the object goes crazy.
Its very tricky at first but with some practice you can do almost anything. If you need more precision you can deactivate the "3d sensitive cursor" in the process and when you finish activate again....
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jose wrote:
..... If you need more precision you can deactivate the "3d sensitive cursor" in the process and when you finish activate again....
I looked around a bit, help etc, could not find "3d sensitive cursor", a hint maybe?
Thanks
Learn and get certified!