Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Mouse position affects Tracker input.

Geom
Newcomer
Here is a problem i have been experiencing since the Tracker was introduced to Archicad.
When you use the tracker to input a value the position of the mouse will affect the results.

Let's say you're drawing a line from A to B. (A and B are not Archicad hotspots just imaginary points)
And let's say they are 100 mm apart.

You click at the point A and input the length of 100.0 mm.
Now if your mouse is between the domain 99.526mm and 100.526mm.
The point B will be where the mouse is and not where the 100.0mm is.
Here is a Gif that demonstrates this issue:
https://ibb.co/HGKrZv5

In the GIF i type 1,0 every time. But i get different results every time.

Now when you're dealing with one millimetre this can be seen. But when you are drawing a 3 meter wall and you mouse happens to be in the domain of 2999.526 - 3000.526m you will get the endpoint wrong.

Whats the harm? In itself its just a 0.5mm error max. but it messes up the angles of the elements!
The longer the element you're drawing the bigger the error. If you have multiple points that are misplaced like this the errors just snowball.
4 REPLIES 4
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
If you start a brand-new file based on the default Archicad Template, can you reproduce these same issues?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hello,

Thank you very much for sharing the issue!

Unfortunately, we were unable to reproduce the issue in-house. Therefore, we think that there might be a problem with the template or with the Working Environment.

I'm wondering with you start with a default template and any default Working Environment, does the issue happen?

Furthermore, may I ask which Archicad version and build number you are using?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Hi, Thanks for your reply.
As @Laszlo Nagy   and @Minh Nguyen  suggested  I tried to recreate the issue in default templates. Here are the results:

Archicad 23 6004 INT: Issue is still present (My project version)
Archicad 24 4018 INT: Unable to recreate

I am guessing that it has been fixed in version 24 but unfortunately the project cannot be updated at this stage. So if there are any fixes for 23 version I would be glad to know.
Thank you.

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hello,

Thank you very much for your comment!

I just tried this with Archicad 23 6004, unfortunately, I was unable to replicate the problem.

But, the latest update for Archicad 23 should be 7000, while for Archicad 24 it's 6004. Could you please update both of them and see how it goes?

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT