Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Move center line when creating symbol lines in ArchiCAD?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, can anyone tell me how to create a symbol line but to manually set the anchor? see pictures. I'm thinking that this is possible because in ArchiCAD there is a type of line that looks like the anchor is defined, check out "Double" in line types. thanks

how to line 2.JPG
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

You must save the line type with the anchor point/line on the origin

Best regards, Ede
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ede wrote:
Hi,

You must save the line type with the anchor point/line on the origin

Best regards, Ede
I already know that, I want the line where it is, (the black one) I want the text underlined not strike-through. I just want to move the position of the anchor of the line not the actual line.
Anonymous
Not applicable
The anchor will always be in the centre so you need to have something on the opposite side of the line the same distance away as the upper limit of the text.
Anonymous
Not applicable
s2art wrote:
The anchor will always be in the centre so you need to have something on the opposite side of the line the same distance away as the upper limit of the text.
Ok, and how was this made? As you can see (attachment) this is anchored correctly and its a simple double line.
how is this then.jpg
sinceV6
Advocate
Like Ede said, you should create your symbol line using the project origin as the alignment base (i.e. create your elements according to the origin), as AC will use this to align your elements once pasted on the line types dialog box.

as noted:
http://www.graphisoft.com/ftp/publishing/ac15_help_INT/Files/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm#href=...

almost at the bottom of the page.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You need to use a Hotspot.
Place it to the opposite side of the intended center.
If the fartest point of the Gas text is let us say, 1 meter from the intended center line, then place a Hotspot 1 meter from the intended center line on the opposite side.
Then select all (including the Hotspot), Copy, then paste into the New Symbol Line Type pattern. Works for me.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Barry Kelly
laszlonagy wrote:
If the fartest point of the Gas text is let us say....
I'm sure "fartest" was a typo but when used with "gas" in the same sentence it was rather funny.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

That was farthest from me to make such a joke.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Andrew Swenson
Newcomer
Hi Laz

Using hotspots leaves a dot in the line type. I'm trying to make an amended version of the slope line type but can't replicate the line type without a spot due to the hotspot whereas the original doesn't have a spot and is offset as required.

Any thoughts on how this has been achieved?

thanks
Andrew
ArchiCAD 5.1 - 24
MSI WS63 8SL
Intel i7-8850K @ 2.60GHz
32Gb RAM
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
TwinMotion 2020.2