BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Multi module problem on AC12

PatriciaLe_o
Participant
Has anyone encountered problems with nested module files? Everything was just fine in AC11, but in AC12 the model has split in two. I have a file with several hotlinked modules in it (houses and pools) and also other stuff modelled there (terrain and roads). In this file (the village file) everything is fine, in their places. But this file is inserted in other ones as a module (so we can do there the documentation for each property), and there I have this problem: the modules are all together in one side and the other stuff in another side. All the files were saved in v12 before updates and they’re all modelled near the origin 0. Any suggestion on what might be wrong?
Patricia Leão

AC21 INT Full
MacOSHighSierra
9 REPLIES 9
TomWaltz
Participant
We've had a few problems with nested modules, but have not had the time to pin the exact issue down. (We're not using 12 on projects yet, just for testing)
Tom Waltz
PatriciaLe_o
Participant
Thanks anyway Tom. We were willing to move to 12 with this project, specially because of this integrated module control and also because of the new 3d feature. But with this huge problem, I guess we'll have to wait a while unfortunately...
Patricia Leão

AC21 INT Full
MacOSHighSierra
Karl Ottenstein
I have not seen this problem yet, Patricia. Better handling of nested modules was supposed to be a feature of 12.

I'm attaching a screenshot of your PDF so that is shows up directly in this thread in case it helps others with some ideas to help you...or to confirm a bug to GS if that is the case.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Can you post screen shots to illustrate? I'm having a hard time understanding precisely what the problem is.

As I understand you the houses porches and pools are models only that are assembled into the village file. This village file is then linked to and rotated in separate files for documenting the individual properties and this is where things are coming apart. What I don't understand is what exactly is going wrong at this stage. Are you saying that the annotations, etc. are separated from the models (modules)? In what way? What views?
PatriciaLe_o
Participant
Thanks for showing my image better, Karl.
Matthew, you understood it wright. Except that are not the annotations that are going apart: the modules go to one side (all together) and what was directly modelled on the village file goes somewhere else. I'm posting some screen shots:
1 - it's the whole village, with the house, pool and porches modules and terrain, fences and roads modelled there
Patricia Leão

AC21 INT Full
MacOSHighSierra
PatriciaLe_o
Participant
2 - the village more closely
Patricia Leão

AC21 INT Full
MacOSHighSierra
PatriciaLe_o
Participant
3 - The village file inserted (and rotated) as a module in a property file. Part of it goes to one site and other part somewhere else.
Patricia Leão

AC21 INT Full
MacOSHighSierra
PatriciaLe_o
Participant
4 - In the first part there are the modules all together
Patricia Leão

AC21 INT Full
MacOSHighSierra
PatriciaLe_o
Participant
5 - In the second there are the terrain, the roads and the fences. In other words, what was modelled in the village file
Patricia Leão

AC21 INT Full
MacOSHighSierra
Learn and get certified!