BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Multiple Floor Finish in a same Slab

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Everyone,
I am struggling with Floor Finish. In my Floor plan I need to apply different Finish in different room. To apply different Floor finish i segregated that those part of the slab and applied different composites. I am not sure weather is it best practice or not? Can anyone please help me with the issue?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
MrC
Advocate
I separate structural from finish. Model the finish with a 12-20mm slab on top of structural,to represent tile/carpet/wood. Not sure if there is a "best practice" for this.
ILIFFE ARCHITECTURAL

BRITISH COLUMBIA

macbook pro 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB

AC 21 USA (latest build)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Solution
MrC
Advocate
I separate structural from finish. Model the finish with a 12-20mm slab on top of structural,to represent tile/carpet/wood. Not sure if there is a "best practice" for this.
ILIFFE ARCHITECTURAL

BRITISH COLUMBIA

macbook pro 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB

AC 21 USA (latest build)
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You could also model the Slab's Structure only with one Slab, and all the skins above it with another Slab. Of course, this means you would have to place a separate Slab into each Room.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
MrC wrote:
Thanks a lot. I think , I should follow this process from next project.
Anonymous
Not applicable
LaszloNagy wrote:
You could also model the Slab's Structure only with one Slab, and all the skins above it with another Slab. Of course, this means you would have to place a separate Slab into each Room.

In a sense it's the best practice. When I dont separate finish slab , it extends up-to the exterior edge( I mean veranda or other extension ). Which is both impractical and annoying.
Thanks a lot. I think , I should follow this process from next project.
jl_lt
Ace
I would model them with a different composite so You can extract information later. If What You need is just a change in the hatch pattern on floor plan, say for example a bathroom or kitchen, then You can also achieve that with the zone tool, as You can assign patterns to it.
Learn and get certified!