BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Multiply along a Polyline or Path

Anonymous
Not applicable
I need to copy an object along a path that I've created with a polyline. I know that I can set my Special Snap point and then a distance but there are many. I didn't know if there was an automated process.

Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Dennis Lee
Booster
This is one of the NEW features of AC12. So right now, there isn't a way as far as I can tell.
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
can you not use edit/ multiply and use one of the options in there?
btw, it would help if you changed to signature to show your AC version and computer spec.
Anonymous
Not applicable
xristina wrote:
btw, it would help if you changed to signature to show your AC version and computer spec.
You can't distribute along a path with multiply command. But as Dennis said, there is an align and distribute tool in AC12.
I think, and almost sure, it will work only in '2d' there you can't change Z-coordinate because we don't have 3d polylines in ArchiCad.
Djordje
Ace
TurboGlider wrote:
xristina wrote:
You can't distribute along a path with multiply command. But as Dennis said, there is an align and distribute tool in AC12.
I think, and almost sure, it will work only in '2d' there you can't change Z-coordinate because we don't have 3d polylines in ArchiCad.
While this is true, nothing stops you from multiplying in the 3D window, assigning the Z difference as required, and then distribute in the plan ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Djordje wrote:
TurboGlider wrote:
While this is true, nothing stops you from multiplying in the 3D window, assigning the Z difference as required, and then distribute in the plan ...
Take a look at OBJECTiVE - it has tools to align and distribute in both 2D and 3D: http://www.encina.co.uk/objective.html
One of the demo clips illustrates the tools in action.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Learn and get certified!