BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

My Layers Group number is changing on its own.

sirduncan02
Participant
I have a layer on which I put my exterior walls. In my older template, I had it set on the intersection group number 2. But now that I have updated my template and the way I am doing things, I have changed this layer to group 1, like all my other layers. ( I currently don't need to use any other intersection group numbers).

But this darn ext wall layer keep's randomly changing back to group number 2. Any ideas on why it would change itself?
Johnathan Duncan
www.CastleGateDesign.com
Working in AC 26 5002 USA FULL.
Dell 5820 Tower X-Series
Intel Core i9-10940x CPU @ 3.30GHz 3.31 GHz
64.0 GB Installed RAM
NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000 video card.
2 REPLIES 2
NCornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hi Jonathan,

To understand if there is a glitch let me first cover how I would recommend doing this and let me know if it does not work that way for you.

1. Open the Layer Settings dialog box and click the layer that you wish to modify so that it is highlighted in the right panel.
2. Now move the left panel and change the number in the last column.
3. Click OK.
See reference image below.

In this way you update the Layer Combination to remember the value of the Intersection Group Number for that particular combination.

Please note that if you wish the Layer Intersection group number to be the same value in all Layer Combinations you will select the layer on the right and then change the value of the number in the left panel in all of the Layer Combinations and then click OK.

If you simply change the number on the right panel and click OK it does not set the value for any particular Layer Combination, it only sets the value for the moment. And as soon as you go to a Saved View with a set Layer Combination, the Intersection Group number will lose the temporary value you had set and change to what is actually stored with the Layer Combination in use by that Saved View.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if it still does not work this way for you.

Best regards,
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
sirduncan02
Participant
Thank you!

I see now - the number that I have circled in my attached image is controlled by the layer combinations as well. So I must update my layer combination to recognize the desired change.

Thank you.

For reference, I can see how it makes sense to give even more control of what is intersected and what is not when using layer combinations.

Thank you again.
Johnathan Duncan
www.CastleGateDesign.com
Working in AC 26 5002 USA FULL.
Dell 5820 Tower X-Series
Intel Core i9-10940x CPU @ 3.30GHz 3.31 GHz
64.0 GB Installed RAM
NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000 video card.
Learn and get certified!