Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

My color palette seems to be outside my screen working area?

Anonymous
Not applicable
The problem is this: when I try to EDIT COLOR either in Option/Elements Attributes/Pens & Colors or Option/Elements Attributes/Materials , in the moment I press Edit color or I double click the color to be changed the background window (Pens & Colors or Materials Setings) becomes inactive (in a pale gray color) and the EDIT COLOR pallet some how must be offset from my screen, the only alternative I have is to press the ESC key and abandon the the possibility of changing the color.

In the past my boss had something similar he had a TOOL BOX that wouldn't show up in his (single) screen, so I had the idea of hooking my 2nd screen in his computer and BUM there was the missing Tool box, out of the screen area (showing now in the 2nd screen). So We dragged the tool box back to his screen area and updated his work environment and the problem was solved. But this time I already have 2 screens working and no possibility of hooking a 3rd one, I guess this window is opening to the top or to the bottom of my screen?!...

This is very annoying because every time I need to customize a color for a rendering or something I need to interrupt some bothy else's work and have this person doing the change for me and sending me the attribute, .. a mess...

Thank you

Regards,

F.S.
5 REPLIES 5
Dwight
Newcomer
If we knew your operating conditions - system and software, it might be helpful.

Mac users of dual displays have a "Gather Windows" command in the Display dialog that solves this problem. I understand, however, that PC machines must be discarded once this mysterious problem occurs.[joke.]
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
We are using ArchiCAD 11 in MACs.
Rick Thompson
Expert
Have you tried using a default profile to get this back to "normal" and resetting what you need from there? That usually works.
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yep, in Work Environment I have tried using STANDARD PROFILE 11, LAYOUT PROFILE 11 & VISUALIZATION PROFILE 11 but non of them solved the problem.

One other weird detail is that from time to time (1 out of 10) when I try to customize colors I can do it once, as soon I try a 2nd, 3rd,... the pallet is gone again.
Rick Thompson
Expert
Could be a corrupt preference You may need to trash a few things (temporarily) and see what happens.
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display