BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

My entire model is gone!! Why...?

Kamelite
Enthusiast

So this is a new one: I opened up a model today, about 18 months old, and all the geometry was gone. Everyting. And the size of the file suggests that it is in the file, beeing 122 MB in size, while a clean pln-file saved will be around 30 MB.

I've tried every trick in the book to make it appear. But it doesn't.

I open up a random schedule on walls - nada...  Even thoughit's hidden, its elements should be visible on schedule, shouldn't they?

If it matters, the file was modelled in 23, and imported into 25..

Any ideas?

.Kamelite

Windows 10, Archicad 27
20 REPLIES 20

Check your renovation filter settings. Change it to ‘Existing’ or ‘Proposed’ or ‘Show All’ This was a bug in early versions of 25 where it reverted the screen on opening to ‘Existing’ so it appears everything was gone. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.0
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)

But opening the model in 24 and 26 give the same result.

.Kamelite

Windows 10, Archicad 27

Have you tried switching the renovation filter?

Lee Hankins
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)

Yes. No change, whatsoever. But shouldn't the geometry appear in the schedules, regardles of renovation status?

.Kamelite

Windows 10, Archicad 27

The schedules take into account the renovation filter. Depending on which renovation status you use, you will get a different schedule. With a single schedule, you can save different views so you get variants with schedules in the renovation filter.

Maybe you used cutplanes or a volume with a high buildingmaterial level that cuts everything?

Apple M1 Max 32 GB Ventura
AC27

No cutplanes, no nothing. Not to mension, I saved a file with a visible model, and opened the file some time later and it was gone...

.Kamelite

Windows 10, Archicad 27

I don't think it would make any difference at all but you haven't got a marquee active somewhere?

Lee Hankins
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)
Kamelite
Enthusiast

No. And I have pressed Escape numerous times in the 3D-view... Same with F3...

.Kamelite

Windows 10, Archicad 27
Miha_M
Advisor

The schedules depend on filter settings, where the renovation status can also be set.

If you tried to set every available renovation status and still don't see anythig there must be another problem present. If a 3D view with all layers on and the renovation filter set to "show all" (+ fit in window command) doesn't show anything and also the schedules are empty, then you might have a serious problem. The model shows in archicad 23 without problems?

Also try switchig your 3D view settings to a "vectorial" display, but there is little chance this will solve your problem.

| Archicad 4.55 - 27
| HP Z840 | 2× E5-2643 v4 | 64 GB RAM | Quadro M5000 | Windows 10 Pro x64
| HP Z4 G4 | W-2245 | 64 GB RAM | RTX A4000 | Windows 11

Learn and get certified!