Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

My entire model is gone!! Why...?

Kamelite
Enthusiast

So this is a new one: I opened up a model today, about 18 months old, and all the geometry was gone. Everyting. And the size of the file suggests that it is in the file, beeing 122 MB in size, while a clean pln-file saved will be around 30 MB.

I've tried every trick in the book to make it appear. But it doesn't.

I open up a random schedule on walls - nada...  Even thoughit's hidden, its elements should be visible on schedule, shouldn't they?

If it matters, the file was modelled in 23, and imported into 25..

Any ideas?

.Kamelite

Windows 10, Archicad 27
20 REPLIES 20

I guess I didn't tell, which I should have done, the geometry not visible in plan view either...

.Kamelite

Windows 10, Archicad 27
cuba
Advocate

Try to open it first in ac24 and migrate the libraries and then open it in 25...

Apple M1 Max 32 GB Ventura
AC27
Miha_M
Advisor

Is this a local or teamwork file? Do you have the option to open and check the file in it's original version 23? You say the file was imported to 25. Imported or just opened in v25?

| Archicad 4.55 - 27
| HP Z840 | 2× E5-2643 v4 | 64 GB RAM | Quadro M5000 | Windows 10 Pro x64
| HP Z4 G4 | W-2245 | 64 GB RAM | RTX A4000 | Windows 11

If you want to upload the file to WeTransfer or similar and message me the link on here I can download it and have a look for you.

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

As much as I appreciate your offer, I would have to decline due to company-restrictions!

But thanx anyway!

Miha:M - this is a local file. I didn't know there were a difference between opening and importing?

.Kamelite

Windows 10, Archicad 27
cuba
Advocate

You also try to open it with open&repair in open menu (under options)

Apple M1 Max 32 GB Ventura
AC27
Miha_M
Advisor

Open & Repair works only on a corresponding file version, I think. You can not repair a v23 file with Archicad v25. 

| Archicad 4.55 - 27
| HP Z840 | 2× E5-2643 v4 | 64 GB RAM | Quadro M5000 | Windows 10 Pro x64
| HP Z4 G4 | W-2245 | 64 GB RAM | RTX A4000 | Windows 11

@Kamelite wrote:

As much as I appreciate your offer, I would have to decline due to company-restrictions!

If you can't share the file with anyone here, then your best option will be to contact your local support people if you have a support agreement.

After all that is what they are for.

If you model something new in the file, do you see it?

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Djordje
Ace

You might have something very, very far away, so the zoom to fit zooms very far out...

With all the layers visible and unlocked, renovation filter on Show All, open the 3D window, click on Show All for good measure, and with the arrow tool active, hit CTRL-A.

That selects ALL. If your selection shows zero, then sorry... if it shows a number of items, that you expect, and you see a dot lost somewhere in the blankness of the 3D view, then your model is there, and you have to find the culprit.

I would go tool by tool (activate tool, CTRL - A in 3D window) and check... all walls, all slabs, all objects, all roofs, all beams... etc.)

Also, are all of your views in the view set "zoom to fit" or zoomed? If the Ignore zoom box is ticked, then never mind...

If all of this is faster than just redoing the thing?

Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen

No problem. I can understand that. If you change your mind though just let me know.

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)