BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Navigating on general perspective view

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone have any tips on how to manoeuvre/navigate around the 'General Perspective' view? (Using a mouse)

As a new user, I am getting stuck in weird perspectives of building as I pan around...
6 REPLIES 6
Barry Kelly
What type of mouse?
Windows with a scroll wheel or Mac with a magic Mouse (or whatever the button-less mouse is called).

Please update the signature in your Profile (link is at the top of the page) to say what operating system you have, Archicad version and even machine specs.
Saves you typing it out every post you make.
The system you are using can affect the answers you get.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
What type of mouse?
Windows with a scroll wheel or Mac with a magic Mouse (or whatever the button-less mouse is called).

Please update the signature in your Profile (link is at the top of the page) to say what operating system you have, Archicad version and even machine specs.
Saves you typing it out every post you make.
The system you are using can affect the answers you get.
Just a standard wireless mouse for a mac, with a scroll wheel and right and left mouse buttons.

Thank you
Barry Kelly
I might let a Mac user answer this.

On Windows the wheel is set as zoom when you scroll it and pan when you press it and rotate when you press it and hold SHIFT at the same time.
In Perspective it will rotate around the centre of your model unless there is an element in the centre of the 3D screen. Then it will rotate around that element.

On a Mac you may have to make some setting changes to allow for the scroll wheel - I'm not sure though as I don't use a Mac.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
That's the exactly the same as a Mac, do you know if there is any way to return to the initial view of a project? So, like when I am exploring the inside of a building and i want to return to a view which shows the entire building?

Thank you for your help!
Barry Kelly
If you want an exact view (position) every time then set up a camera (or more than one).
Then just double click the camera in the Navigator to go to that exact view every time.

If you are not so fussy then just zoom (scroll) out passing through the walls until you are outside - then rotate as necessary.

You can also hit the "Fit in Window" button at the bottom of your 3D window but this may give you a completely random overall view of you model and you will have to rotate around again.

If you are in "Explore" mode (the button with the little man on it) where you are using the keyboard arrows (or W, S, A & D keys) then you just back out with the down arrow (or S key) or just go forward until you are outside then turn around.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yep, on Mac in 3D view if you hold down your scroll wheel you should pan in perspective. If you hold down scroll wheel and the SHIFT key on your keyboard it will change to Orbit mode in 3D.

You can save a 3D view in your Project Map and revert to that view (including layer settings, etc) at any time, without creating an actual camera. (Sorry Barry, camera's bug me )
Learn and get certified!