BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Need help with Interior Elevations from Project Map to View Map to Layout Book (Settings)

4hotshoes
Advisor
Project Map to View Map"
As I place he Interior elevation symbol on the floor plan all of the Elevations generated assume the plan view settings in the Project Map. I select all the newly generated elevations and manually change the View Settings, but they are not sticking if I click away. Then do it again and I move them over to the View Map right away and they are saved. However,I thought I could somehow save all of View Settings so I do not need to keep doing it manually. If so, how?

View Map to Layout Book:
I also don’t want the Drawing label for each interior elevation to show the Graphic scale on the drawing label when the drawings are dropped into a layout sheet. I keep manually changing that too. How do I change the default.
Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)
1 REPLY 1
Barry Kelly
4hotshoes wrote:
Project Map to View Map"
As I place he Interior elevation symbol on the floor plan all of the Elevations generated assume the plan view settings in the Project Map. I select all the newly generated elevations and manually change the View Settings, but they are not sticking if I click away. Then do it again and I move them over to the View Map right away and they are saved. However,I thought I could somehow save all of View Settings so I do not need to keep doing it manually. If so, how?

The view settings are only saved when you create the view.
In the View Map you manually control the settings.
So do as you are doing, change the settings and then save the views.
Or you can just save them with any settings and edit the view settings afterwards.

4hotshoes wrote:
View Map to Layout Book:
I also don’t want the Drawing label for each interior elevation to show the Graphic scale on the drawing label when the drawings are dropped into a layout sheet. I keep manually changing that too. How do I change the default.

Change the default in the 'drawing tool' just as you would for each placed instance.
However that will then be the default for you other layout drawings too (plans, elevations, etc.).
You can also ALT-click an existing drawing to get it properties - this will set the drawing tools defaults t be the same as that drawing.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!