Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

New ArchiCAD Video Tutorial: "Tracker Tricks"

Eric Bobrow
Enthusiast
It's been a long while since I've created any new ArchiCAD video tutorials.

Over the weekend, I posted a 24 minute exploration of "Tracker Tricks".

As you know, ArchiCAD's Tracker facilitates on-screen, on the fly entry of coordinates and dimensions. This ArchiCAD tutorial video starts with the basics then demonstrates and explains cool time-saving tricks and methods used by ArchiCAD experts.

To accompany the video, I created a 5 page "ArchiCAD Tracker Cheat Sheet" that explains how to take advantage of the full power of the Tracker.

Did you know that you can use the keyboard to move your cursor a precise distance left or right (or up or down) from wherever your mouse is hovering? You can also add or subtract from the current Tracker value; use this to shorten or lengthen a wall, or offset one element from another.

In the video (and the cheat sheet) I share one Ninja trick that's actually really simple to do, and extremely useful for a variety of contexts.

http://www.bobrow.com/new-archicad-video-tutorial-tracker-tricks/

Eric
2 REPLIES 2
Vitruvius
Contributor
Very helpful tutorial!

I've been using Archicad since 1994 and I learned a couple of nifty tricks from your video.

Thanks!
Cameron Hestler, Architect

AC 24 & 25 (3011) / MacMini i7-8700B @ 3.2 GHz / 32GB Ram / 512GB SSD

LG Ultrafine 4K monitor 22" & 27”

Mac OS 11.6 Big Sur
Eric Bobrow
Enthusiast
Cameron -
It's great to hear that I can teach an "old dog" new tricks!
There's so much that Graphisoft packs into ArchiCAD, and I love sharing what I have found particularly useful.
Eric