BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

New Fill Failure

Anonymous
Not applicable
The pattern of the fill that I am trying to create doesn't properly paste itself into the fill types window. I don't know which step of the process I don't do correctly. I create a new pattern, then I select it, I copy it and I am supposed to paste it into the Fill Editor with the paste button but that's where the creation of the fill fails and I don't see it in the small window.
7 REPLIES 7
runxel
Legend
Try it with Lines, instead of Polylines.
Had the same issue some days ago.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way to quickly turn the polylines into lines? I exploded them but they are still polylines and the fill still doesn't want to be created.
runxel
Legend
anto_bg wrote:
Is there a way to quickly turn the polylines into lines? I exploded them but they are still polylines and the fill still doesn't want to be created.
Yes, it's called Linework Consolidation.
Even tho it is totally unintuitive to put this option in this dialog imho, but alas, once you know it...
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Anonymous
Not applicable
A huge thank you!!! You are a lifesaver and a timesaver! I finally have the new fill. It only worked with lines. I don't know why polylines are not visible in the "edit fill" dialog box. The option "Linework Consolidation" is such an essential feature but totally unintuitive. It should be included in the ArchiCAD official tutorial for editing polylines....
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You can simply select a Polyline and use the "Explode into Current View" command to convert it into Line segments.
I tried it in AC23 and it works for me. I also tried it in AC20 (AC21 is not installed) and it works there too, so it should work in AC21 as well.

Maybe the reason it does not seem to be working is because the "Keep Original Elements After Exploding" is checked by default so after you explode it, the Polyline is still there and when you try to select it, the Polyline gets selected, not a Line segment. Just a guess.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
LaszloNagy wrote:
You can simply select a Polyline and use the "Explode into Current View" command to convert it into Line segments.
I tried it in AC23 and it works for me.
That's what I initially did but the exploded polylines are still polyline segments (not lines) and they weren't visible in the Fill window.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You are right, my bad, I did not check the Info Box after exploding them.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!