BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

New Forum Section for Constructor??

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello All,

I heard a wild and impossible rumor that a GS Constructor section would be added to the forums.

Is there any truth to this? If so, when and where?

Although I do like the GS software, a persistant complaint of mine is poor communication between GS and its users. Of course, all is relative . . . I am comparing to the Lightwave community. In their very active forums many of that company's (Newtek) employees post occasional responses. Even Newtek's president posts responses, maybe 5+ times a week.

For sure, apples & oranges are not to be compared. But . . .. a stronger user to software house relationship could advance the product as much, maybe more, than, say, honest competition between GS and Autodesk.

Thanks in advance!

Riff Masteroff

btw, in my opinion, dishonest competition propels product development in the opposite direction: downwards.
8 REPLIES 8
Do you use Constructor at CCG ?

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
I do.

Strong connection between Users and Developers is a must.
Miki wrote:
I do.

Does it have "Teamwork" ? Do you have the 2007 upgrades yet?

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Riff wrote:
Hello All,

I heard a wild and impossible rumor that a GS Constructor section would be added to the forums.

Is there any truth to this? If so, when and where?

Thanks Riff, You probably just started it. These posts will probably be transferred there if/when the site administrator adds that category.

Personally, I don't think it is going to happen. I am not sure that Graphisoft wants Archicad users and Achitects do not know about Constructor.

There is no Constrctor Forum for the same reason there is no ArchiCAD FM Forum.

Let me know if I am worng about this.

TomWaltz
Participant
Steve wrote:
Miki wrote:
I do.

Does it have "Teamwork" ? Do you have the 2007 upgrades yet?

I would love to see screen shots.
I was under the impression that Constructor 2007 was not out yet, but I could be wrong about that.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello All,

"CONSTRUCTOR 2007 – is released as of January 16, 2007" Don't ask me where I got the quote from, but it was from somebody in the upper hierarchy at GS.

I was using a beta version of CS 2007 and had some issues with it. It took me time to find work-arounds. I have been essentially doing work-around testing with Constructor for alittle more than a year. Its not that I mind putting in some effort . . . . but. . . . .but . . . . humanity develops best its resources when a number of like-minded individuals put their heads together. If I come up with something, its not a secret: I don't want you to have to go through the same effort to "discover" the same thing.

Anyways, I trounced my work computer with very big models and had to wait, and meet, and persuade those around to allow a replacement box to be provided with my precise specifications. Which, of course, meant that I ordered a bunch of parts from Newegg and cobble them together myself. IT calls it Frankenstein. That does solve the naming issue, my new computer at work is now known as Frank.

Meanwhile, I am just now able to install GS CS '07 and get back to the heavy duty stuff. And I would like to share issues with you ppl and I want you to confirm what I see . . .etc. At the bottom line is that many users will be able to do better work.

tnx, sorry about the longish posting

Riff Masteroff
http://www.graphisoft.com/company/press_zone/virtconst2007.html

The 2007 Virtual Construction product suite is now available. Additional information including detailed product descriptions can be found at: http://www.graphisoft.com/products/construction/ ??

Probalby just late. They may have wanted to make sure all of the subscriptions ran out first.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Constructor 2007 is not released officially yet. As far I know it will be released March 18th. And from what I know it will include TeamWork.
Learn and get certified!