BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

New library parts in a project loaded as 'others'

Miquel Garcia
Participant
In older versions (up to 6.5) of ArchiCAD, when I created a new object and saved in the correct library, the object was immediately loaded into the library. From 7.0 to now this object is added to the 'others' folder although it's saved into the library. This causes that different files of the same project load different libraries.

I need to manually delete the object from the 'others' folder to avoid the annoying re-load of the library (This is a problem when you have a Mac and the libraries are on a server: the process is sooooooo sloooooowwwww !)

Is there any way to alter this behaviour and return to the old way ?
Miquel
Capella & Garcia Arquitectura
AC18 - AC21, iMac 27" 3.1 Ghz Intel Core i7, 16GB Ram, OSX 10.13.1
2 REPLIES 2
Karl Ottenstein
Miquel wrote:
In older versions (up to 6.5) of ArchiCAD, when I created a new object and saved in the correct library, the object was immediately loaded into the library. From 7.0 to now this object is added to the 'others' folder although it's saved into the library.
That hasn't been my experience. If I save an object into a folder that is loaded by library manager, it is immediately loaded ... and nothing about library manager changes. If instead I save it into a folder that isn't a loaded library folder, only then do I see the object under 'others' as an individually loaded object. Ideally, you should always save to a loaded library ... and the 'Save As' dialog has a convenient button that lets you choose which of them to use, saving time navigating to the proper folder.

HTH,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Miguel,

I think your problem is that ArchiCAD no longer defaults to saving the library part into one of the loaded libraries. Unless you specifically direct it to a library (there is a pop-up now to go straight to any loaded library) it will end up being loaded independently.
Learn and get certified!