BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Newbie question

Anonymous
Not applicable
Please excuse my ignorance, just on Archicad for a couple of hours, but I can't seem to figure out how to flip a wall assembly... I start drawing a brick wall from left to right, then top to bottom, then right to left etc to create a simple box, brick wall layer is on the inside of the box instead of the outside. Where can I change (flip) my wall layers? Thank you in advance for any help.

Thx,
Marc
4 REPLIES 4
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Welcome Marc.

Try hitting the C key to change your construction method and see if that gets you going in the right direction (see what I did there?).

You can also adjust the Reference Line Location in your info box, to do the same thing.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thx for your reply. So I tried this and the result is the same. See attached pic. I drew this from left to right, then hitting "C" in between each wall section. What I need is the brick to be on the other side of the wall.
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
In AC17, using C will change the position of the Reference Line, using P shortcut will flip the Wall - this flip is also available with a single button in the info box and Wall Too Settings next to the reference line locations.

You should also indicate which version and setup you are using in your signature
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
Anonymous
Not applicable
Awesome. Thx James and I have updated my signature 😉
Learn and get certified!